Frequently Asked Questions
1. What’s the difference between the trial and full version of iPhone Data Recovery?
The trial version and registered version are exactly the same product. The only functional difference between them is that the trial version can only scan iTunes backup files, iCloud backup files and iOS devices to preview the lost data but get them back. You need to pay for it to recover and save the scanned data to your computer in the last step.
That we provide the trial version for customers is to see whether the program can scan out their lost data or not. If our program can scan them out and show out, it means this program can help to recover what they want.
2. Why I can’t receive registration code immediately after purchased?
Generally speaking, you will receive the registration code via e-mail within one hour after the successful order. Please note that the code is sent by the data system automatically if you do not contact via support directly. But the time depends on the efficiency of your bank or whether you placed an order from other country. So please keep patience to wait.
3. Data Loss circumstances for using iPhone Data Recovery.
Accidently deleted files on your iOS device.
Your device is crashed, smashed, broken or water damaged.
Data is erased due to an iOS system upgrade, factory resetting, jailbreaking or reformatting.
iOS device is stolen/lost.
4. Requirements & supported devices of iPhone Data Recovery.
iPhone Data Recovery supports to recover lost data from iPhone 6 Plus/6/5s/5c/5/4s/4/3GS, iPad Air 2, iPad Air, iPad mini 3, iPad mini with Retina display, iPad mini, iPad with Retina display, the new iPad, iPad 2/1, iPod touch 5/4.
IPhone Data Recovery runs on Windows 8.1/8/7/Vista/XP, Mac OS X 10.10 (Yosemite), 10.9 (Mavericks), 10.8(Mountain Lion), 10.7, 10.6.
5. iPhone Data Recovery cannot detect my device.
If your device can not be detected by our program automatically, you can try the following steps:
1) Reconnect your device to computer.
2) Re-run iPhone Data Recovery program or computer.
3) Change other USB ports.
6. iPhone Data Recovery failed to analysis my device.
Sometimes, your device might not be analyzed smoothly, which is due to the large amount of your data. The more files your device has, the longer time it will take to analyze your device. If your device cannot be analyzed smoothly, you can refer to the following tips:
1) Unlock the device if there is Screen Lock password.
2) Make sure that you have installed the latest version of iTunes. If there is any fault in iTunes it will impact the success rate of device analysis.
3) If your iTunes backup files have been encrypted, remove the password of the iTunes backup file.
4) Check your USB connection, disconnect and reconnect it, try an alternative USB port.
5) Restart your iPhone and computer.
6) Close any running anti-virus software.
7. Can I preview and backup the already existing files on my computer?
Surely, you can. You can turn off the “Only display the deleted item(s)” button after the scanning results show up. Then you can preview and backup the entire data including the existing files by clicking “Recover” button.
8. Why can't I find any data from “Recover from iOS Device” mode?
Once you deleted data of your device, your further operation to the device will overwrite the deleted data, which causes the embarrassments that you cannot find any data with “Recover from iOS Device” mode.
If you have synced the iOS device with iTunes/iCloud backup files previously, you can choose to recover lost data by scanning and recovering from iTunes/iCloud backup files.
9. What to do if iPhone Data Recovery freezes or crashes?
You can deal with the matter with the following steps.
1) Close any anti-virus software that is running.
2) Restart your iPhone and computer.
3) Disconnect all other USB devices.
4) Reinstall this software and restart it.
If the problem still exists, please contact us at any time.