Nowadays iPhone has come across too much stealing and robbing for its "prevalence" among the thieves. Several precautions should be taken in order to enhance the probability in retrieving your iPhone in case of a theft, you should enable the relevant services and set up your own password locks. Then with the help of feature code from iPhone, the operator and police have their ways to locate your iPhone. By the way, if you just get a new iPhone, please go through the following anti-theft procedures:
1. For a new iPhone, please tap Settings > General > About Phone.
Print the screens of various data code or information. In case you lost your iPhone, providing your operator with these feature codes will help get back your phone as well as get back your iPhone data
2. Download and install the application "Find My iPhone" from App store.
You'll see your location (in another word, your phone's location) marked as bellow whenever you log on with your APPLE ID:
3. Tap Settings > Privacy > Location. Enable the GPS satellites system and keep it as it is, then search for "Find my iPhone".
4. Go to iCloud > Find my iPhone and keep them both enable.
5. Go to Settings > General > Auto-Lock, then choose a time as bellow:
Go to Settings > General > Passcode Lock as bellow:
Turn Passcode On > Require Passcode immediately. Only with this, should you enter a 4-digit passcode when screen is locked to unlock your phone. Whenever the thought of your iPhone being stolen strikes your mind, grab another phone (from friends or strangers) and dial your number. The passcode lock can buy you a few seconds to stall the thief from shuting down your phone and, every second is precious!
6. Do remember to call the police for the first moment you lose trace of the phone. Then make haste to find the nearest APPLE device with network available and check this website: https://www.icloud.com. Use the APPLE ID from Find My iPhone just mentioned above to log on and go straight to Find My iPhone to confirm the last-known location as bellow:
Mark down the place and tell the police and operator along with the iPhone codes screen-shot in order to lock on the thief and mostly your phone.
7. Temporarily fail in tracing your phone is not an excuse to give up. Sooner or later the thief will need the network. All you have to do is to be persistent and keep on tracing whenever connected to the net. Then even flashing the phone won’t help with the crime because the IMEI and ICCID code of the phone are unique. The moment the thief connects to internet or reboot the phone after flashing, the location will be exposed and do keep in deep touch with police and operator, especially the latter one for they’ve gain the access to the last-known location just given the ICCID code from the thief’s Sim card and the IMEI code. Please bear this in mind.
Friendly remind those new iPhone users that enjoying music with earphone plugged in on a crowdy public vehicle is not a good habit. Put your phone inside your clothes and keep an eye on it especially when getting on or off. Thief could be anywhere so you can't be too cautious.